Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Book Review on The King of Anavrea by Rachel Rossano







King of Anavrea by Rachel Rossano is the second book in the Theodoric Saga, was published on the 15th of October in the year 2014. It is considered to be a Christian and fantasy book. Rachel was the oldest of four children to a missionary pastor and his wife. She was always reading a book and decided to put her adventures down on paper.
What would you do if your older brother abdicated the throne and you were the king even if you didn't want to be? That is what happened to Ireic Theodoric, King of Anavrea. He is king because his brother abdicated the throne and you will see why if you read the first book in this saga.
What would you do if you were just a pawn to your father, just someone he remembered when you are useful to him, that is the life of Princess Lirth Parnan, the only daughter of the King of Sardmara.
When Ireic, King of Anavrea goes to Sardmara to sign a treaty he finds to his dismay that he is to marry the king’s daughter also. For the sake of his country and people, he signs the treaty but finds out that his bride is not there. He goes looking for her and rescues her from her captors. Lirth has been waiting for this day for years, someone to rescue her, but is it friend or foe. Then she finds out that her rescuer is her husband to be. Can he be trusted? She is at first afraid of him then she falls ill with fever. He learns that she is blind. The council won’t like it, but he did vow to marry her? He takes her to his brother’s home, where she recovers, and they marry. His vow to marry Lirth could cost him his life and throne.



The Theodoric Saga Book 2
The Theodoric Saga Book 2 | Source
Ireic and Lirth run into problems since the day they arrived at the castle. In Ireic absence, the council has convened and has made laws without the king there. So Ireic has to spend long hours with the council to undo the laws they put in place and to make matters worse they find out that their Queen is blind and try to come up with a way to dispose of her causing Ireic to disband the council and causing some of them to rebel and start a revolt. Then someone tries to kill Lirth but injured Ireic instead. They flee the castle and head to Ireic's only property to regroup. His brother is there waiting for him with loyal soldiers. In the end he gets his castle back and routes out his enemies.
My favorite character in this book is Lirth for many reasons but the main reason is that she didn't let her blindness get in her way of what she wanted. She didn't give up when she was held captive for five years, she clung to her faith in God. She was able to portray calm and serenity on the outside even if she didn't feel it to help Ireic. When she had hard times, she didn't complain just accepted it and moved on. I can relate to her in that I may not be blind but I am hearing impaired. Even though this is just a book, we both have God that we hold on to. It was not easy for her to be blind but she didn't let her down. I wish that I had read this book years ago. I could have learned a lesson in not allowing my hearing impairment get in the way of what I wanted to do. I wanted to be a nurse but didn't think I could with my hearing loss.
My favorite part of the book is of course the ending where they both come through their problems together and stronger. I loved the whole book but this is my favorite part. They had many obstacles to overcome and they did without giving up.
I think the author did a great job in regards how the characters go together. There wasn't anything out of place in that the scenes and the characters meshed together. There wasn't anything in this book that shouldn't have been there. For me, there was nothing that I didn't like about this book. I couldn't see or read any grammar or spelling errors.
For me, this book is 4 out of 4 stars because it caught my attention from the beginning. This is my third time reading this amazing romance, intrigue and time period book. And since I love it this much, I bought the book so I could reread it in the future. This book will interest readers who love to read clean romance, about rebellions, intrigue and adventure. I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment