Sunday, December 3, 2017


Source
Walter Moore wrote a 92-page non-fiction book called The Great Book of 1967, U.S. yearbook Full of Interesting Facts and Events from 1967. The book was published in 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. Walter Moore has written books on Physical Chemistry, Basic Physical Chemistry and many more.
Would you like to know who was in office and the President in 1967? Or the top music and movies that were playing in 1967? My favorite facts of 1967 are reading about the books and literature and the everyday living and cost of 1967. But for some, it would be the sports and the celebrities and the famous people born in 1967 that would be interesting. This is what the author writes about in this book. This book accomplishes this by devoting a chapter on these topics.
What do Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Kurt Cobain, Faith Hill and Mira Sorvina have in common, they are some of the celebrities or famous people who were born in 1967. I'm a believer, I think we're alone now, All you need is love and Ain't no mountain high enough are some songs that came out in the same year. The book even mentions the top movies of that year with its gross earnings, the budget and the producer the number one movie was the Graduate with its budget of 3 million and was produced by Embassy Pictures/United Artists with gross earnings of $104,901,839.
What do Faye Dunaway, Audrey Hepburn, Jane Fonda and Michael Caine have in common, they were actresses and actor born in 1967. One of my favorite books was popular in this year and it was The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Another list of names are the Green Bay Packers players who won the Super Bowl. These are just some of the tidbits listed in this yearbook of 1967.
My favorite part was learning that my name, Lisa was one of the fifty common girl names in 1967. Whoever reads this book will find it easy to read and navigate because the format is easy to understand.
I love this saying "1967 was an extraordinary and historic year. It led to plenty of social changes and fascinating developments in the United States and around the world. Some of its greatest accomplishments were in the areas of popular culture, with tremendously influential music, movies, and books" ( The Great Book of 1967: U.S. Yearbook Full of Interesting Facts and Events from 1967 by Walter Moore, 2017 p.85).
Even though this book didn't have any pictures or illustrations, in my opinion, it didn't need it because of the layout. The author had the layout simple with its short paragraphs and lists. There is nothing in this book that I would change. I found that I couldn't put this book down until I finished reading it. It captivated me from the first page. I love this book because I love learning about history and how people lived back then. So for me, the whole book was my favorite.
I believe that history buffs and anyone who is interested in this era would love reading this book. There is something for everyone in this fantastic yearbook of 1967.https://www.amazon.com/Great-Book-1967-Interesting-Anniversary/dp/1979502242/ref=pd_ybh_a_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0CZHK0NTXTVZVQJBTV0B

No comments:

Post a Comment